Saturday, October 24, 2015

Established 1998......

Last weekend, Matt and I celebrated our 17th anniversary.  It's hard to believe that we have been married that long.  Sometimes, I honestly do not feel like it has been that long.  But there are other times that I feel like, yeah, it has been that long.  Ha! For instance, when he looks at me and says something completely rude or inappropriate simply to get a rise out of me and I look back and roll my eyes.  Those are the times I know it's been a long time. Because newly married Myra(and sometimes tired and cranky Myra) would've gotten all up in a tizzy over it. 

To celebrate, we took the kiddos to the Grand folks and got ourselves a room at the Gaylord Texan.  It was so nice and relaxing. 

Does anyone else like to take the little sample soaps and lotions home to use on future trips? Tell me I'm not alone in this.



Matt spoiled me with more jewelry that I do not deserve. (I tend to lose diamonds and watches)

 
 
Then I may have talked him into a trip to the mall to visit my good buddy Michael Kors. 


It was a nice relaxing weekend and great to get to spend time together.  We should've known it was the calm before the storm.  The week that has followed has been a pretty trying and busy week.  On Monday morning, I woke up sick but toughed it out to go to school.  After that, my mom was put in the hospital for some strange symptoms.  She spent most of the week there but it home now and starting to improve.  Please keep her in your prayers.  

Here's to hoping for a more calm and peaceful week next week but with Mid Terms, Red Ribbon Week at the kids' school, and Halloween - I doubt it.
Laters - MDD

No comments: