Friday, October 2, 2015

The Rock



   You know when you go hiking in the mountains, and you can't really tell where you're going.  But then you come to a rock that is higher than all the trees.  So, you climb on it and look around, and suddenly you can see where you came from, where you are, and where you're headed.  
  God is our Rock that is so high that He can see exactly where we have been.  He's seen the troubles we endured on our "hike" thus far.  He was right there with us. 
   He can also see where we are at this exact moment.  He knows all about what we're going through right this very moment.  He is right there with us. 
   More importantly, He knows where we're going.  He knows the right path we need to take to get to the right destination.  He knows the wrong way to our destination as well.  And He knows which one we will take. 
  So, when we're feeling lost with too many irons in the fire, too many people relying on us, too many things on the to-do list, too many tough decisions to make..... we need only go to the One who is higher than us and knows exactly which way to go. 


2 comments:

Kim said...

Hi, I love your post ALOT and really related to it.... I'm a little confused however because I can't find the verse in scripture... Did I miss something????? Please help! Thank you~ Kim. Ausenkim@msn.com

Anonymous said...

Psalm 61:2
"From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I."
It's a wonderful verse.
Sorry to tell you that you have the reference wrong on that cute picture.