Yesterday was a rough day for me. Which as a special needs parent, that isn't too uncommon. But I went to bed with a million different emotions running through my head. All I could do was pray and beg God to grant me enough peace to help me sleep. So many questions ran through my head. After waking up this morning and spending time reading God's Word and praying, I felt compelled to send a little note to all my friends who are in the same boat as I. You may not be going through a rough time with your child right now, but I'd venture to guess you have not too long ago and you will not too far from now. So if and when you do, I hope you read this and it brings you comfort.
1. You're a great mom. You're probably questioning that right now. But don't. God couldn't have picked a better person to raise that baby of yours.
2. Your frustrations are normal. I know it's hard to not be emotional. Our rational brains know that the way our child is acting out is not on purpose but, our irrational side can't help but be frustrated by it. You've been patient for so long and all of the sudden, it's compiled to the point it's oozing out. You're not a bad person for your feelings.
3. You deserve a break. You deserve to let someone else deal with your sweet baby while you do simply nothing or something. Whatever it is, you deserve it. You put up with meltdowns, gross bodily fluids, heavy lifting, emotional worries, and sometimes physical abuse from your sweet baby. You. Deserve. A. Break.
4.Your needs are important, too. You deserve a warm meal, a hot shower, clean clothes, a hair cut, even a manicure and pedicure. Don't forget to take care of you. As busy moms, we need to take good care of ourselves. Feed ourselves healthy meals and exercise so that we can be healthy and strong enough to take care of our special babies.
5. Your Special Baby appreciates everything you do. They may not act like it or be able to express that but they do. You can see it in their eyes. Sometimes we forget to look for it. Sometimes we are so focused on the rough patch that we're going through that we don't notice it, but it is there. You know this because when they are hurting, they want you. When they are sad, they want you. The fact that they trust you with those emotions tell us that they appreciate us.
6. I'm praying for you. No one knows the struggles of moms like you, as well as other moms with special babies. When you feel all alone in the world you dwell in daily, know that I'm praying for you. I'm praying that God shows you His love and brings something or someone into your day that will help you through it. Don't forget how much He loves you. Don't forget that He knows more than anyone the struggles of a parent.
Hugs to all you Rock Star Mamas!
How to Find Real Food at ALDI
2 days ago