Sunday, October 12, 2008

What a busy weekend!

Zade crashing with Uncle Ashley!
Gracie devouring a cupcake at Ramsey's birthday party!



This is a busy month for us - especially this past weekend. On Friday, Matt and I celebrated our 10th anniversary a week early. The kids went to spend the night with my sister and brother- in- law and Matt and I stayed at the Worthington in downtown Fort Worth. It was nice to get away and just relax. Saturday morning we got up, ate breakfast, and headed back out to my sisters where we watched the Texas/OU game with the rest of my family. After leaving there we headed back to our side of town to our friends' house for a BBQ for their son's 1st b-day! We had a great time kicking back and visiting while all the kids played. By the time we got home the kids were completely exhausted! Sunday we had church in the morning then a much needed nap for everyone - me included! Then Gracie and I headed to another bday party at Chuck E Cheese, then back to church! Thank goodness Gracie doesn't have school today so we can chill out! This coming weekend will be busy all over again. It never stops and I actually like it that way.


Gracie has her appointment with a child psychologist on Thursday. They will be evaluating her for ADD. Her PPCD teacher is also having her evaluated by the Occupational Therapist (OT) to see if she needs occupational therapy. It seems sometimes as if Gracie is not aware of her body and might need help reinforcing her joints. I'm so thankful that Gracie is getting the help that she needs - early! God has richly blessed us with all of these resources! Last night after taking her bath Gracie put her underwear on all by herself! This may sound like a small accomplishment to you but if you could've seen the huge smile on her face you would know how proud she was of herself! I love to see her proud of her accomplishments. I'm always proud of her but I want her to be proud of herself.

I also want to thank everyone for their comments and emails of concern and interest in my blogs about Gracie. I hope you all know I in no way am looking for sympathy or attention. I am proud of who Gracie is and wouldn't change our life for anything. My point in telling people is so that she knows I'm not ashamed of who she is - neither the good nor the bad. So many times in life we tend to sweep things under the rug to help our image that we're trying to create. But my motto in life these days is, "It is what it is"..so why try to pretend its something else.

Anyways, here's some pics of our busy weekend. Y'all have a great week! Happy Columbus Day!













2 comments:

The Stevenson Family said...

What a fun weekend. Did ya'll have fun on your date night?

The Cagle Trio said...

Hey Myra! Love the pics. The kiddos are so cute. Thanks for the link. You inspired me...I set up us a blog! Funny! Thought it would be fun. Check it out! I will have more on in as soon as I figure out WHAT I am doing! :)
Ronda