Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Today could have been a really crumby day. To start off, my co-teacher wasn't able to come to school today since her little boy was sick. I hate being by myself - for one, Courtney and I like to have fun and be goofy - so if she's not there - there goes all my fun. We keep each other sane despite a classroom of 19 4yr.olds (no offense, kids!) But the day turned out pretty good. The kids behaved really well. Those who nomally have a hard time leaving their folks had great days and my sub was very helpful. But then just as it's time to go home it starts pouring down buckets outside! "Oh, great!", I'm thinking. I have to carry Zade (cause we ain't waitin' around on him to walk when it's raining cats and dogs!), my purse, my lunch, my school bag, and Zade's backpack and hang on to Gracie to make sure she stays focused on our end destination. By the time we got to the truck we were all completely drenched and I still had to get both kids piled into the truck and buckled in while still getting rained on. But - I thought - oh well, so I look and smell like a wet dog - who cares! Once we got home and into dry clothes, we had a really nice dinner w/Matt. He helped me clean up the kitchen as he usually does and then he made sure I did my workout. The kids played nicely in their room and neither of them hurt the other while I was busy doing it. After Matt left for work I gave the kids baths and then they just both crashed and fell right to sleep. All on their own - an hour early! So - I took a bubble bath and read my book. Now, I just got done reading my Bible and came across the verse above. I love it when the Lord speaks right to me and my needs at the time. I spend so much time worrying and wondering why and how this are going to work out - and here God is telling me He has a plan! It's funny, too, because when the kids at school ask me where are we going or what are we going to do now I tell them to sit back and ride. Gee, do you think God is making me eat my words? He takes care of so well, even in the little things. I'm so thankful for my relationship with Him. I'm learning to slow down and make time for myself, not for my sake only but for Matt's sake and Gracie and Zade's sake. They deserve a wife and mother who takes care of herself and is mentally and physically intact. It's a lesson that has been hard to learn but - well worth it. Well, off to read and relax some more! Night, night!

No comments: