Wednesday, August 3, 2011

What A Wonderful World!

Last Day of Kindergarten!
Align CenterToothless!
Zade with Mrs. Jennifer and Mrs. Teri, his fabulous teachers!
Zade and his partner in crime, Ramsey!
(I don't know why my pics always post first - sorry!)
Wow! It has been a long time since I've posted. My excuses are as follows:
1. Matt broke my computer
2. I'm a procrastinator.
Now - moving on......
Here's the latest on the Darter family. We had a busy school year! Gracie finished her Kindergarten year with a bang! She gained alot of things and lost a lot of things in this school year. Some things she gained were new friends. She loves her Life Skills class and came home everyday telling me about what Kaylee, Gerardo, Adalia, AJ and Derek did. And yes, you read it right she TOLD me all about those things. Which brings me to the next thing she gained - a bigger vocabulary!!! She will talk your ear off now! If you've been keeping up with Gracie's progress you know what a blessing that is! We're so proud. We love to hear her talk! Her speech still needs lots of work but her vocabulary is a big one! In fact, she doesn't hardly ever STOP talking. But Matt and I refuse to complain! We just laugh! Now on to things she's lost - TEETH! Four teeth in one school year! Now her smile has totally changed but is still just as beautiful as ever! She's growing into a gorgeous little girl! Another thing Gracie has lost is her box. If you've spent anytime at all with Gracie you know what a spaz she is about her paper, markers, colors, pens, scissors, etc! Well, this was getting in the way of her education and basically everything else and her teacher had had enough and decided it would be best to eliminate this problem all together. Oh my - you would've thought she lost a limb! She was devestated!!!! And poor Ms. Belcher - she had to take the heat for it. Everyone had to know that "Belcher throw my box away!" Ms. Belcher has become famous in our family! This sounds cruel but it brings me to another thing that Gracie has gained - an imagination, concentration, focus, more to life!!!! She's done so good playing and focusing at school knowing they'll be no paper or colors! It's been the best thing for her! So kudos goes to Ms. Belcher for that brilliant idea!
Gracie and her fellow Kindergarteners put on a sweet little program at the end of the year where they sang songs about the sun, rainbows, and rain! Gracie came home singing "You Are My Sunshine" but at the end where it says " Please don't take my sunshine away" she will always add "Don't throw it in the trash". (Still a little bitter over the box incident! Ha!) But it is so nice to hear her singing songs and retaining things like that! Her class actually sang, "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head". So we downloaded and have been playing it a lot. I think it's a very appropriate song for Gracie because it talks about how things just don't go our way sometimes but we can't stop the rain by complaining. I see that characteristic in my girl. She's got the sweetest smile inspite of all her difficulties. But it doesn't stop her from living life and having fun. She doesn't care that other kids aren't too crazy about playing her version of things or think she's different! She's having fun! I hope she always keeps that perspective on life!
The whole group of Kindergartners ended the program singing Louis Armstrong's "What A Wonderful World" which I also downloaded. As it was playing this morning Gracie was just singing away while she was on the floor playing. It made me stop and just start crying my eyes out. Just to hear her sing makes me stop and thank God for her and what she teaches me about life. I know she was brought to this world just for me - I'm so thankful God gave me her!


And not to be outdone - there's good ol' Zade. Zade has grown to be such a big ol' boy this year. He finished his 4th year in preschool! He had such awesome teachers that were able to love him for his rough and tumble self! You wanna talk about a talker?! Woo, Lordy! That boy'll talk your ear off! He keeps Matt and I laughing all while he makes us just as crazy. We've figured out we don't know near as much as our super smart 3 going on 30 year old! He's just like his dad - rough, a smarty pants, athletic, and cute! :) Next year, he and I will be going to a new preschool. We're both excited!


Well, this post turned out to be a lot longer than I intended. Next time I will post about our goings on this summer! Sorry there are no pics! I've lost the USB cable to my camera and it makes it really inconvenient to get pics on my computer. But next time there will definitely be pics. In fact, you can expect another post real soon of our summer fun!
Oh wait! It's your lucky day! I found a few!

1 comment:

Jerry Summy said...

So glad to catch up with the 4 Darters. Beautiful Children! Of course they come from good stock except their grandpops are a little suspicious. lol