Tuesday, August 23, 2011

ABC, 123 !!!!

 Well, school is finally back in session! You have no idea how happy Gracie Mae is about that.  I don't think you'll ever find a kid who loves school as much as she does!
On Sunday she had fun getting everything ready to go.  She's old enough and getting more mature so that she can help me do things like this and understand that it isn't happening right now - but, tomorrow.  So as we were getting things ready she would say, " I'm gonna take my lunch?"  And because I wanna make sure she understands it's not going to happen today I'll say " Yep! Tomorrow!" So eventually, she went around the house singing " Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow!"  It was pretty cute!
First thing's first, though - you gotta paint your toe nails before you go back to school! Duh!

Then she helped me make some muffins for the Tears and Cheers PTA breakfast! Such a good helper!

Over the summer, Gracie turned into a "sleeper inner"!  So Monday was a little rough at 6:30a!


Eventually, though, My Happy Girl woke up and was ready to go! She ate her waffle as fast as she could!


And here she is all dressed and ready to go.  I've taken a picture of her on this fireplace for the 5th time now for the first day of school.  She used to be so little standing there and now she looks so tall and grown. Makes me sad!


She was the first to arrive and sat at the table in the cafeteria so patiently waiting for her friends to show up. 


This is her buddy, Gerardo.  While I was helping with the PTA breakfast I got to watch those two interact together.  They cracked me up.  They had to show each other their backpacks, then try them on, then trade and try them on again! So funny! They are double trouble!


This is my lunch date! Isn't he cute!? We treated ourselves to lunch at Chick fil A. He's a good shopping partner!

All in all the first day of school went great! Gracie was so excited to go and couldn't wait to go back today (Tuesday).  She had gymnastics after school Monday and so by the time she got her bath and got in bed she was plain tuckered out!
Zade and I start our new preschool Thursday - we both have butterflies! Yikes!
Here's to new adventures!

No comments: