Thursday, February 26, 2009

"Moddy!"

Just wanted to give everyone a quick update....nothing major. Last nught as I was putting Gracie down for bed I was turning on the CD player for her and I heard her say "Moddy!" She was saying Mommy!!!!!!!!! This is HUGE for me. I was so proud of her. I felt like Mel Gibson in the movie "Patriot" where his cute little adorable girl who never spoke said, "Daddy, don't go! I'll say anything just don't go!" That is the saddest part of the movie! I love that scene even more now that I have a little girl who has had a hard time talking. I made Gracie say it again while Matt was standing there just so I would have a witness. It isn't full on "Mommy" but it's better than "Daddy" and better than "Ma-Daddy"! I'm so proud!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What a big moment. I agree, in the "Patriot" that scene makes me cry every time! You should feel very proud of this big moment with Gracie!

Someone said...

Please visit my blog, www.foryourlilone.blogspot.com