Friday, December 30, 2011

It was truly a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

I don't know about you guys but we had such a great Christmas! My favorite part of it all is spending time with my family! Each year we spend Christmas Eve at my parents' house and Christmas Day at my inlaws.  The kids have so much fun playing until they're plain tuckered out with all their cousins! It's such an exciting time. 
Matt and I had a lot of fun playing Santa this year - I mean we always do but this year was our funnest so far.  See, we had Christmas all taken care of thanks to Walmart bringing back lay away! Then at the last minute Zade pulls a fast one and asks for a "blue. motor.cycle"  on the preschool Christmas program video.  Well, me? I was fine with him not getting it - I mean, we can't give them EVERYTHING, right? But Matt? Uh, no.  He was a little heartbroken that he couldn't fulfill this request - especially since it was a motorcycle.  But, the money for Christmas was spent and there really wasn't time to come up with a motorcycle.  But- nevertheless, one very kind man happened to have a blue motorcycle brand new in his shop and gave it to us for $30! It was a miracle! Matt was so excited, I thought he was gonna do a cartwheel! He and the guys at the station switched out the stickers and turned it into a police motorcycle - since Zade is a clone of his father!
But another problem arose, what do we get Gracie that is just as exciting to her but not a million dollars? Everytime we asked her what she wanted she'd say new markers.  That's so Gracie.  So we decided to give her a little table/desk where she could do all of her writing, cutting, drawing, and gluing. 
Christmas morning was not a let down! The kids loved all of their things and were just so happy!
Here are some pics of all of our Christmas gatherings, plus a bonus pic that you might want to brace yourself for.  :) Hopefully, you haven't just eaten because you might lose your lunch.
 This is at my parent's on Christmas Eve.  That's my nephew Tristan in front, Zade and Gracie, my sister, Crystal and my Uncle Doug in the back.

 This is Zade and Tyson, my oldest nephew, being sweet!

 These are the bright-eyed and bushy-tailed Darter kiddos on Christmas morning!
Before the chaos ensued!

 Gracie just loooooves having her own space to be as creative as she wants to be!
And mommy just loves that all that creative mess stays in her room instead of the kitchen! lol!

 And this is the famous motorcycle!

 This is my inlaws with all of their grandkids. 
Check out the rolls on the table - those suckers didn't last long at all. 
We could just hear them calling to us -"eat me! eat me!"

 In spite of all the fun......there was a little sickness going around.  Me and Gracie both fought our allergies! But - I think we've won!!! Yay!!!!








Okay - brace yourself....................



Are you ready? ......................


I knew you weren't ready! How could you be!? It's pretty disgusting, right!?
So my sister and I talked my mom into buying matching shirts for our husbands.  We thought it'd be so funny! Well, the joke was on us! They thought they'd be funny and take these nauseating pictures in front of the Christmas Tree.  They could barely keep a straight face..........................dorks!




Anywho, we spent the Christmas vacation spending playing outside and having as much fun as we could! We rang in the new year with our church family as we always do.  It's a tradition I couldn't imagine doing without!
And tomorrow.......back to reality! Gracie goes back to school, Matt goes back to work and Zade and I go back to our routines!

Until next time, friends!
Myra

No comments: